Tips and Tricks:
- Graphics are important to an online display because it's easy to scroll pass a chunk of text. I love using Canva.com to create graphics. Check out some of our past posts on using Canva for your library: 5 Secret Tricks to Using Canva Like a Pro, Canva Update 2017, and Quick Canva Tutorial.
- Highlight your collection. Right now it's especially important to highlight your digital collection that more people will be open to trying.
- Use a template. It's fast and easy to change the color background of a template and insert a new image.
- Use what you can. Many services offer premade social media graphics that you can use. Hoopla makes great banners that I add to my graphics.
- Link to your resources. Make it easy for your patrons to access what you are promoting quickly and easily.
- Add your logo so that people can identify your library.
- Do the best you can! We are living in a world of uncertainty - try not to be too hard on yourself.